Recording output of scaler into a clip, minus the trigger notes.

Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out the correct workflow for recording the output of scalers chords in to a clip but not record the trigger note I used to trigger the chord. So basically I'm playing in my prefrormance with a midi keyboard, but the notes I'm playing to trigger the chords are being recorded into the clip. Quite often these notes are non diotonic so are unwanted. Id be chuffed if some kind soul could point me in the right direction as I'm not super used to drambo (yet!).

Comments

• If you hit the REC button inside the MIDI AUv3 module with Scaler loaded, will both Scaler's output and your played notes be recorded?

If so, then it's what Scaler does.

• Hi rs2000, yes this is the case, I hit the Rec button in the midi module and both scalers output and my played notes are recorded.

So, it is what it is, that's a bummer.

Thanks a mill, for the response.

Would be great if anyone else could chime in with some sort of a workaround, as Im figuring out how flexable drambo is.

Thanks, Gar.

• @Gar Are you sure that you cannot disable this inside Scaler?

• Could it be that you have Scaler as a midi plugin on a Drambo track, and you have tapped the red Record button in Drambo, as well as the REC button inside the AU module? If so, then I guess Drambo will register your midi keyboard notes as incoming track midi and record these. A solution would be to not hit the red record button in Drambo, but rather only use the REC button in the AU module.

If that is not the case, then there is probably a setting inside Scaler ... I remember there was a Cubasis/Scaler video about this topic when Scaler was launched.

• Hi, thanks for the responces, still stumped after trying the above and I can't find any settings that will sort it in scaler.

I wonder is it possible to send midi in from another track to trigger scaler?

Thanks, Gar.

• Are your trigger notes outside the chord range? You could note filter them and record using Drambo-inside-Drambo (use the Midi AU version).

• Hi bleep, great idea, but unfortunately the trigger notes slap bang in the middle of the chord. So say my trigger note is C and the chord I'm triggering has a C sharp, drambo will print the midi with the C and the C sharp right next to each other.

Thanks, Gar.

• @Gar Please ask the Scaler 2 support team. And also ask them about MIDI drag and drop on iOS because Drambo will support it.

• There has been some discussions there before, here is one:

https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/scaler-plays-trigger-key-along-with-chord-fl-studio-from-midi-keyboard/11032

Would love if they could support Midi drag and drop from their Midi capture feature.