How about a patch visualization tool?

edited July 2023 in Feature Wish-lists

I mean outside of Drambo! But something that would dissect project files and present them like this (some would take several pages, I realize, but aren’t there libraries for this already?)

could turn out a fun collaborative effort, or am I raving?

To be clear I don’t mean this work to be done by Giku but the community. He could perhaps clarify the file format

Comments

• Pilgrim idea, sorry. I should refrain to post after midnight

• edited July 2023

Again sorry, it’s a dumb idea.

but on a tangent, does anyone know of a nice free module patching app (for widows) that can be useful for prototyping complex patches? I’m guessing some kind of mind map app, but most just have one input per node. Any recommendations?

Can do it in excel but it’s tedious, and pen and paper doesn’t have the rearranging benefit of a software solution

Like what this guy is using (or better) https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85369

• The idea of doing more with Drambo's preset files is a good one though.

So much could be done!

• A math formula tool that can create finer Graphic Shaper curves
    • An SFZ to Sampler patch converter
    • A monophonic MIDI file to Graphic Shaper pitch converter ("Zero" could be a silent section)
    • thinking about more...

I find Drambo the best platform for prototyping patches. It's so fast that using any other tool might only take more time ;)

• edited July 2023

why are there patches that are xml but not anymorel? Did the format change to binary at some point? Maybe for performance, encoding sample files? Are they still xml underneath and just compressed to save space?

• A easy way to create multiple equal modules with different parameters (f.e. 16 addictive voices each with its own pitch/amp/decay)