Notes disappearing from piano roll

edited December 2023 in Known issues

Hi,

This happened to me a few times: I was trying to "manually" shift a group of notes an octave down (the part had other notes used as keyswitches that I did not want to transpose), however it was really hard to drag them vertically to begin with (and if I forgot "snap" on they would all change length and snap to the grid - note, in the video I'm trying to just transpose them down one octave, did not mean to change the length).

Because of that I then tried to press "undo" and some notes just disappeared (they still show in the clip preview, but are not played back)

I reproduced it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn5gpX7VNtc

The only way to "revert" this was to close the project without saving and open the previous save.

Thanks

p.s. in case it's relevant, I'm using an iPad Air 4th gen.

Comments

• Yes, there are still a few issues in the piano roll and they'll be fixed step by step.

Thanks for reporting!

• I know I'm late to the party but I also experienced a similar event, yet was unable to identify exactly how I made it happen.

All I know is I was fiddling with notes in the PRV (probably fiddling with the UNDO function and group notes selection as well), and in my use case a note visually disappeared but the event remained audible!

Even stranger, subsequently in the step sequencer view, when I would highlight the step on which that event was supposed to be, instead of the UI creating a green outline around that given step, it would create a "micro outline" INBETWEEN steps that had about 1mm width!

• Thanks @groovegcs!

You're not late to the party, every bug report is valuable.

• Thanks a lot!