No audio input - what am I missing?
Hello there now,
I am feeling rather old and stupid right now and prepared to feel even more sheepish once the error of my ways is pointed out. But here goes:
I've had Drambo since forever and I can generally find my way around it, even made a few basic tracks with no issues. All good.
However I recently picked up an ES-9 to interface ipad and modular, but damned if I can get audio input working in Drambo standalone. In fact, I also tested with my other interface (iConnect Audio 4+) but can't seem to get audio input from that either.
So I'm assuming that I'm missing some very basic detail in Drambo.
Here's where I am:
- I have confirmed that the physical audio inputs of both audio interfaces work (using AUM).
- I can send CV/gate signals to my modular using the external CV instrument (conformed by blinking lights on the modules and the flashing ports of the ES-9.
- I can send audio out from the ES-9 via the Audio output module.
- I can even see that external audio is entering the ES-9 (again due to the flashing ports). The ES-( config tool is still at default settings (and works fine in AUM)
- I can get sound as normal when using instrument modules / AUv3s.
But damned if I can get audio input. No sound, no meters moving.
-From a fresh standalone project (8 Track (MIDI to CV) I go to channel 1, click on the track header and set 'Audio from' to the ES-9 inputs (which all show up).
-I confirm that the audio is routed to the Master and that Track and Master volume knobs are set to 50%.
-I send audio in via the selected Es-9 input. No sound, no meters moving.
- OK, so instead I insert an Audio input module and set its input to the ES-9 channel. Still no sound, no meters moving,
I tried every audio input on the ES-9 and also the Audio 4+ (of course not at the same time, coz that's not allowed, anyway the input ports do show up in Drambo).
Also ensured that the tracks are not muted, etc.
I've checked the manual, videos, searched the forums, but still no clue.
What am I missing?
Thanks bigly for any suggestions,