Conditions for something to be recorded as an automation ?

Hey,

This must be a noob question, and after all I've owned drambo for only 9 months.

So, let's take an example of a knob.

I know an automation lane for that knob gets created and modulated :

• when I touch the screen to move the knob
  • when this knob is midi mapped by midi learn to X, and when this X starts moving (X being an external controller, or an internal one (e.g. the module CC Controller -> module midi output -> midi feedback))
  • when in the automation editor, hit +, and touch/move the knob

Is there something else I'm missing ?

-----------------------------------------------------

Some background and reason I'm asking in the end :

I'm building my all in one synthboard setup where drambo is the host, and only app running (with auv3s inside of course)

3 controllers (mpk mini plus, 2 x-touch mini), so I can control what I want without touching the ipad

8 tracks for bass synths, poly synths, leads, fx, samples

Each track gets their own instruments preset switching with left/right buttons (auv3 1, auv3 2, ...)

-> This is done by enabling the right instrument rack and disabling all the others.

If I want physical knobs to control auv3 1 ADSR without affecting the disabled 2nd instrument on the same track auv3 2, I need to avoid using the midi learn on knobs as it's still active on all the other disabled racks.

My solution is to feed the rack with CCs, and use CC Modulator to connect the knobs. Thus, no live recording automation.

-----------------------------------------------------

It's good therapy to write things down, sorry for the long post 😂

Comments

• edited April 9

Ahh! If I understand what you need correctly, I believe all you need is MIDI CC Controller module.

**CC controller**

Converts incoming MIDI CC to CV signal. Value is reflected by knob. May be used to record MIDI CC Messages as automation.

I'm so glad you made that post because I didn't know this either until just now.

• Ohhhhhh yeah !!!!! @number37 thank you so much, it works perfectly. Best birthday gift ever !

There's still so much to discover in drambo ahah.