How to scale Drumbo's internal voltage to eurorack?

Hello, I'm trying to use Drumbo as CV and gate sequencer for eurorack. The goal is to convert pitch CV in Drambo to standard 1 volt per octave.

Dividing Drumbo's voltage by 0.9 works best so far, but not ideal, there's still some inconsistancies between the octaves. Am I doing it wrong? Thanks.

Comments

• Drambo notes range from 0 to 1, covering 8 octaves, with 0.125 per octave. If your interface converts internal value 1 into 10 V, then scaling it by 0.8 ought to work. What is the full-scale output of your interface?

• edited May 2020

ES-8 outputs ±10V DC. Apart from multiplying CV by 0.8 I've set the gain on the track and master channel to 0 dB, and then it all snapped into place.

• Having to use multiple instances of Drambo because of no multioutput is a shore, but it seems it will be introduced soon.

• Of course it would be nice not to have to worry about voltage scaling and all of that, i.e. to have as little variables in the way, but I assume it was a conscious choice to go with the 1.25 volt per octave standard.

• edited June 2020

octave is 1/8 = 0.125

as other signals are in range 0-1 or -1 -1 having all octaves in this range is much better for full-scale modulation

so its all about multiplying or dividing by 8

• The floating point precision of manually entered numbers should be high enough to achieve proper tuning using the Offset and Scale modules (and probably a Graphic Shaper curve to fine-tune), right @giku?

Only 2 digits are shown but you can enter more precise values and they are going to take effect.

I would say that you'll need to do this in order to get your desired tuning precisely.

• Because it doesn't really matter IMO, we could have 8 fingers ;). I've found 8 octaves range the best for modulation in normalised scale.

btw. is there a conversion standard for DC coupled audio interfaces? like 0-1 to -10 - 10 ? I should make an Output module for them.

• Experts Sleepers modules use +-10V. Seems like motu has dc coupling, but dunno about range.

• Audio out module will have a built-in scaling option soon.