MIDI effects racks
It would be great to have a new kind of rack dedicated to MIDI effects ("MIDI effect rack"?)
I think it's connectors would be a MIDI signal as input, and a MIDI signal as output.
This would help for:
- sharability -> The racks would be plug&play. It could be added just before an instrument (thanks to auto-connect).
- reusability -> MIDI effects racks would be easier to be managed (added/replaced) from its own category of presets
- design -> It would allow to isolates the midi processing from sound generators/processors (By now, we have to save it in an instrument rack which create another unnecessary hierarchical layer).
Few example of MIDI effect racks that could be shared plug-and-play:
- Chord repeater module (With the help of Drambo's community, we managed to build it with Drambo's built-in modules, but by now, this effect is shared as an instrument)
- One-finger-chords modules
- MPE interfaces for non-MPE instruments