Are MIDI learnings saved with the preset / instrument?

Hey - am I right in assuming the MIDI learnings that I set up with my controller will be saved with the preset, performance, instrument etc? Any limitations on saving MIDI learnings?

thanks.

Comments

• I would have thought saving with the instrument would also make sense. I would love to build my own synth and map it to my controller for use in projects.

• Yep that makes sense!

All workable. I will think of the 'housing' for the synth as the project, and the housing will include MIDI maps.

• We've discussed different ways of handling MIDI-learned parameters and separating "system controls" like transport, pattern selection, pads, scenes, X-fader etc. from track and module controls so they could be saved independently and not interfere with each other.

Problem is that this is not necessarily what everybody wants in terms of total recall, switching controllers and debugging your own MIDI setup.

As of now, you can save a project as a template (choose the template folder while saving) and it will appear in the list of templates when you choose a New project.

Whatever mapping you had saved in the template, you will have available when choosing it. In your case, you would save the instrument rack with all mappings as a template and start a new project from there.

• Ok cool.

I've been trying to work out how best to use MIDI mapping with my minilab. So far so good re: pads. I'm loving how I can use the pads to not only trigger each sample on different tracks, but also record them like a proper beatbox.

But - If I built a 4 track groove box with a sample/oscillator on each track with tweakable parameters, would there be a way to switch to an entirely different mapping for each track? So that, say, i can have different mappings for each instrument on each track?

In summary, are MIDI maps able to be track specific? Or do I need to think carefully about which parameters I want to MIDI CC, across all tracks together? (e.g. MIDI CC 75 controls filter on track 1, 76 controls filter on track 2, etc.)