possibility to define range for "knob" component

edited April 2020 in Feature Wish-lists

again me, sorry for spamming with ideas, just throwing here anything what comes my my mind during working on my tunes :-)

would be nice to be able for "knob" component define MIN/MAX values, so it will be for example send values not from -1 to 1 but from 0.4 to 0.8

also ability to add more knobs to same panel would be great addition for building complex subpatches

giku: now you see how Matt had sometimes hard times with me during NS2 development, you're lucky i wasn't in beta team haha

Comments

• Hi @dendy

You could use the Scale component to limit values - tried that?

• edited April 2020

some scenarios, for other you need apply more math modules.. it has also limitation - it doesn't expand limited values range to whole knob path which is important thing when you need use just some sub-range of values for more precise tweaks..

simple two value range in dropdown menu would be a LOT easier.. it basically doesn't need any new UI element, to put it into dropdown menu of component would be elegant solution ...

• Yes, a non-bipolar knob is needed too, I think.

• min/max range would be solution for this too, you simoly set range from 0 to 1 :-)

• +1 for a 3 pot

• edited April 2020

I hate to say it again but holy Graphic Shaper has come to save us all 😆

You can not only adjust upper and lower limits intuitively and live while playing, but you can also add non-linear shapes in case the mod destination sounds better with it.

(Not to speak of negative curves all in one module).

• @rs2000 I think you've nailed it. Putting a Graphic Shaper after the Knob lets you map [-1,1] to any range you want, including nonlinear. I was going to vote for the limits, but your solution is far more general and "modular", using standard components to do useful functions.

• edited April 2020

Any thoughts about a "multi-knob" module for macros? I know I can group knobs in a rack but at the moment they stack horizontally and it would be great to use the vertical space more efficiently. I guess I am thinking something similar to ableton instrument rack macros. Also, could there be similar treatment for trigger buttons and maybe a slider module?

I know, I am asking for a midi control surface app...Please file all the above in "someday, maybe..."