polyphonic processor rack

Many processors work polyphonically, ie. filter with key tracking. But it seems by default processor rack is only one voice. I think you can fix this by adding in Midi to CV module and adding more voices, but I think it could be more straightforward if it worked just like instrument rack. Maybe I am missing something :)

Comments

• Huh, sounds like a cpu killer ;)

• Hmm, how so Lala? All processors work polyphonically by default (except ones noted with the 1 voice), so CPU hit is already there. Processor rack seems mostly for organization purposes/sharing. I suppose you could make an instrument rack and just use it as processor. I think it could be clearer then, Processor rack is just for mono voice.

• edited April 2020

i can stress my a12 pretty good with an 1voice noise patch

Stereo noise, split in 3 bandpasses, phaser, p shift and f shift on output of bandpasses, 3 LFOs to modulate pan and level and the filters, mix it together again allpass filter saturation and notch

would not work with 3 voices ...

• Hmm,so then its really the issue of 1-voice processors in a rack could not work polyphonically. Not cpu hit. As you can wire up any number of modules without the rack and it will work polyphonically (if you have them wired correctly. What I was proposing would be, for example, 4 keytracked filters layered in a processor rack. You can already do this but there's no way to just save the processing section as a rack or layer.

• edited April 2020

noise is stereo and polyphon (connect gate) ;)

so I suggest

just save with project

(on Top of that drambo really doesn’t like low latency, maybe after JJ finds the time to optimize this?)