Import Apple Loop/RX2 with transient markers.

Even apple loop marker/transient loading would be cool ;-)

Comments

• Is a REX player library publicly available for iOS? I know it's in Gadget's Stockholm but...

As for the Apple Loop slice markers, you can code one yourself by:

• Reading the slice markers from the Apple Loop
    • Converting them into a Flexi Sampler .drmodule which is essentially a human-readable XML file
    • Link the audio file path into the file so when loading the preset, Drambo will find the audio file.
  • REX2 can be obtained from Propellerheads Free of Charge, you just have to register as a developer at their site. Maybe there is some approval process but definitely no costs.

• edited April 2020

Don't know I just have been reading this:

;) It would be pretty weird if they make a exception for IOS. perhaps they keep it all for themselves as that Korg Gadget was also made by them I think. Anyways its pretty easy to add your own slices and the Slice Detection of Drambo does a decent job on Drum Loops...

• From https://www.reasonstudios.com/developer/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=rextechinfo2

The REX API provides the necessary functions for using REX2 files in your application. It is distributed as a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) which must be installed on the system together with your REX-capable software. DLLs are a technique which is highly platform-dependent, which means that there is a different DLL file for each supported platform. Currently we support 32- and 64-bit MacOS and Windows platforms. By licensing the REX SDK, you have been granted the right to distribute and install the DLL files together with your application.

So you neither get the essential source code nor a binary object file for iOS, no chance to compile that on iOS.

• edited April 2020

@topaz I bet they had the Propellerheads develop it for them, so they were able to bury the code inside the plugin itself.

Maybe somebody should request it, I believe it would only be little effort for them to provide such a lib.

They do have iOS knowledge and I remember a talk of one of their devs who said that their software architecture allows for porting their software to a wide choice of platforms with little effort.