Offline timestretching

A simple and quick way to timestretch audio:

-detect bpm (or enter manually)

-timestrech to new bpm

Caustic has this feature..

Comments

• edited April 2020

You can change tempo in Zenbeats. And a lot more. It’s free right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7h1equt4dhggx5l/ZenbeatsTempoChange.mov?dl=0

The video doesn’t stay in sync with the audio but what’s happening is I put a loop at 135 bpm into a 135 bpm project and then change the project tempo to 90 and then 200. It loops correctly at all tempos.

• edited April 2020

I already have Caustic :-)

That app is my favourite.. it really does everything right...

But to timestretch in Drambo from the wave edit menu is convenient. I don't like switching apps that much.... I get the same feeling from Drambo.. it's got that magic just like Caustic..

• edited April 2020

I hear you. Caustic was my true love for a long time. Now I’m using a combination of NS2 and Zenbeats. I don’t like switching apps either, but between Drambo, NS2 and Zenbeats I’m having a good old time!

PS - Zenbeats is free right now!

• edited April 2020

I only watched your video today, but that example is realtime timestrteching.. You have to use audio that's is a whole bar..

With offline timestretching I can stetch a piece of audio no matter the length.. a 12 second vocal part for example.. Or just 1 word..

• edited April 2020

Good timestreching is the pineapple of audio dsp.

the stuff in audioeditors is meh it sounds like your audio has fallen down the stairs 🤭

it would take years.

some people buy Kyma only for its timestreching. ;)

and the mac to drive it isn’t included;)

abelton isn’t able to do timestreching themselves

i think they bought it from zynaptic or zplane

• Tipp: Serato Studio Win/Mac has excellent time stretching and there's a free version with only one audio track and 4 scenes.

It includes the famous Pitch'n'Time algorithm.

Worth a try I think.

https://serato.com/studio/pricing