Compact view in AU FX mode

When used as an AU FX, most of the times people would only need one rack of modules.

Suggestion: A compact view mode can be selected that removes the sequencer steps and the pads from the plugin window view.

I'd suggest to keep the crossfader because effects will likely rely on it.

How to enable it?

I would suggest toggling through three view modes instead of two when hitting the "iiii" button marked yellow, with the suggested view added to the current two if Drambo is used as an AU effect.

Comments

• edited April 2020

+1 , it needs an additional mode, or rearrangement of existing view modes.

I would get rid of transport and patterns as well.. maybe merge top bar with edit bar :) Menu + scenes + view modes

• @giku Yes, sounds good! 😊

• if i may@giku and @rs2000

this is great but the sequencer steps turn into scenes to choose when using the crossfader, which is a big part of why i love this app . so i would keep these, but the other changes are perfect.

• If this new mode can be designed to keep the in-app keyboard, I'd also use it for designing and playing synths.

• edited April 2020

@stemshade It's not about removing the existing views, just an additional view with the focus on rack modules only.

@Horsetrainer This view is only meant for the AU FX version, not for instruments. Although, when I think of it, not a bad idea 😊

• One possible UI enhancement:

[KEYS] button:

Currently, it will switch the keyboard on or off.

New: Long-tap (tap+hold) will remove both pads and keyboard to make up for more space for racks.

While pads and keyboard are both hidden, a single tap on [KEYS] is sufficient to show them again (but long-tap works as well of course).

This is especially useful when you have multiple small AU FX plugin windows open (like in AUM, apeMatrix) and still want to be able to turn the knobs.

To avoid something like this:

• Also, an extended view like some Ableton devices could be good in Drambo. Having it all across one scrolling layer is not always so great for workflow. An icon which opens up the certain elements of devices into another layer like the sampler in Ableton could be a nice option. :)

• I have already suggested a way of creating your own workspaces / layout. Could be useful for different needs. (Avid Media Composer has this)