and one of the outputs of the shift registers

in the mixer

now I simply crossfade their level

if volume of the noise ™ up

level of output of shift register down

and the other way around ...

😁

• the A*B is my own invention

im doing math with some of the outputs of the shift register and correlate that vs. the noise ™

• ok, back to the drawing board (thanks for your help)

• edited April 2023

yes, the original does this for each output of the shift register separately and you can switch between them.

it does the exact same thing ... this is kind of the blue print of that ...

(I couldn't understand what's going on too - so I build this to figure out what is going on. :) )

when I have a very boring day I'll build a version 2 of it. ^^

• I can't believe that you mad geniuses have done it, thank you all really! From the bottom of my heart!!!

• edited April 2023

now with complex noise source :)

where is my little party hat? ^^

🥳

• Quick question: I own mirack and there's the excellent NYSTHI SoyModelSOU

I'd like to use it's outputs, hosted as AU inside Drambo.

Can I? How?

I could go figure it out for myself, but if you guys could spare me the trouble I'd much appreciate it

PS: @lala don't take this as criticism of your pure-drambo version, you just expanded my horizons :)

• edited April 2023

😎

I teached myself a thing or two while building it.

• edited April 2023

There’s a whole ‘nother topic of discussion that I would love to see going on this thread, which is looping envelopes, and specifically with end-of-cycle gate you can use to feedback earlier modules and trigger things. I mean: release the krell!

I took inspiration from many comments and patches I didn’t fully comprehend, but only managed this naïve attempt so far. It kinda works (and I have several krell noises to prove it), but I have to jump-start it sometimes, and I should probably draw some curves on those env’s. I was hoping you guys could suggest ways to improve it, make it more versatile and/or robust.

I place feedback send(s) afterwards, and send the gate back to master track feedback-receive module, so all later modules can get the CV gate signal.

Any help appreciated!

• edited April 2023

the looping envelope thing is a cheap trick for "I wish I had an LFO more but I only have an envelope" ...

end of cycle isn't that interesting ...

What is really interesting is end of decay on an adsr ... ;)

so it sends a trigger to whatever when the boring sustain phase begins ...

Im to stupid to figure it out 🤡🤬

usually "end of" is semi interesting in modular - but drambo is polyphon ... 😋

• I understand what you're saying. My interest in end-of-whatever is for self generating patches, not as a performance thing (which is also very interesting per se). Basically random length envelopes self-triggering themselves and other things. My interest started with krell-patches as a fun little project to learn drambo, but I have realized the concept can be applied to many things. Actually everything that has "feedback" in it (even with the buffer delay) is great to experiment with in drambo, at least in my experience :)

• Hey @lala, here's another idea for when you have a very boring day:

"the Sou Utils, which not only contain some control voltage scalers, and some very useful octave-folding processors for control voltages, but also a recreation of one of the most useful Serge modules from the 1970s (and one which I had a hand in developing), the Analog Shift Register, a control voltage delay line."

https://soundbytesmag.net/review-nysthi-modules-for-vcv-rack/

• edited April 2023

thats different

you can load your Scala files ...

• edited April 2023

voltage controlled bbd ... pitch ...

hold the line ^^