edited May 2020 in Tips and Tricks

DRAMBO: GraphicShaper - Envelope Drawer Extension

Idea: @rs2000

Coding: @MrBlaschke

Pythonista:

Drambo:

Vectornator:

(free atm, 202005)

At first i want to say that i am in no way affiliated to either of the developers of the used/named apps.

I simply chose Vectornator because it is free (at least actually, 202005) and wanted the most people with interest to have a solution that is iOS only based and possibly free of any charge.

It was a Friday morning, coffee time, and i exchanged mails with a (musical) buddy - namely @rs2000.

He explained an idea that i (might have) heard before - possibly from him :)

I thought about a solution and found myself coding first things half an hour later.

Progress was quickly done and somehow the idea of a vector-program to draw the curves came up.

Well, i don't know who will use these tools to actually do what they are intended to do. But it was a fun journey and if at least @rs2000 is happy with it the goal is reached.

Anyway. This workflow is meant to manually draw exact shapes for filtering/manipulating audio inside of Drambo. A music software that runs on iOS devices.

You draw your shape/curve in a vector-based-program (Vectornator) and convert this data to a usable shape-form for Drambo's GraphicShaper.

The workflow is:

- draw your shape

- export it as a vector-based file (SVG)

- convert it into a file that Drambo understands

- import the converted data into Drambo

- make music

Things you need:

- Vectornator Template

- Python script

Both files are provided by me "as is" via my DropBox:

I made a companion video:

If you run into any issues or have any suggestions feel free to get in touch.

I will see what i can do - no promises made.

The wish is to do the same for the *Graphic Env* inside of Drambo. I will see if i can add this later.

Thanks and take care,

MrBlaschke

Cross-Post on audiob.us forum

Comments

• this is really cool! a bit above my pay grade im afraid, but still really awesome. thanks for sharing!

• This is a great utility, but can we use the Python script on Win/MAC to convert the vector image to Drambo format? Don't really want to shell out the money for an iOS app that I will never use again, funds are tight these days... 😉

BTW, what is the file format used by Drambo's Graphic Shaper?

tnx!

• Thanks @shinyisshiny - it really is not hard. Just simple logic steps. Hope you can use it.

@cozido Technically you could do that - Python is Python, doesn’t matter where you run it.

The script has to be changed at the in-/outputs as they are iOS specific (Share-Sheet, etc) but it could be changed to get the files via the command line/terminal on any os. It just needs some dependencies (like XML parser) that are available on most systems or could be externally linked. The needed dependencies are „imported“ right at the top - so you can have a look at it.

• Thanks, unfortunately, I know squat about Python or programming, I was hoping someone smarter could come up with a Mac or Windows solution, since I suspect there are more free “apps” available.

• use this

all inside Drambo

no need for phyton skills ;)

https://forum.beepstreet.com/discussion/514/let-s-draw-some-waves#latest

• Just saw it now, thanks!